Your NOOK Serial Number will be located on the original box in which it was purchased as well as your receipt.
For purchases made either online at bn.com or in one of our Barnes & Noble Retail Stores, your NOOK Serial Number will be located on the original box in which it was purchased (see picture below).
If you purchased your NOOK at one of our Barnes & Noble Retail Stores, you can also find the serial number listed on your receipt. Below is an example of a store receipt highlighting where you can find the serial number.
Barnes & Noble Booksellers #2366
340 Christiana Mall
Newark, DE 19702
STR:2366 REG:003 TRN:5046 CSHR:marcus b
BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER EXP: 05/04/2017
NOOK Tablet 7"
(1 @ 49.99) 49.99
If you no longer have either of these items, please refer to the following options:
Option 1: Back of Tablet
1. Turn your NOOK over so the screen is facing down.
2. The serial number will be towards the bottom backside of your NOOK.
3. The serial number will begin with the number 6.
Option 2: In NOOK Settings
While your NOOK is powered on, you can locate the serial number by accessing the "About" section in your NOOK "Settings" within the "NOOK Home" menu. Follow the instructions outlined below to proceed with this option.
1. Tap the "NOOK Home" icon
2. You will now be at the NOOK Home Screen. Tap the Menu Bar located on the top left corner and then tap "Settings" which is the last option on the list.
3. You will now be in the "Settings" Section. Tap on "Software".
4. Your Serial Number will now appear on the screen.