If you are unable to install the v1.0.2 update for your NOOK Tablet 7" due to a lack of storage space, you will need to delete personal content from the device such as pictures, music, or video files. The device needs a minimum of 920MB to download and install the update.
To check the available storage space on your device, go to Settings > Storage & USB. Internal storage used cannot exceed 2.38GB of 3.30GB
To delete content, back-up your personal files, then:
1. Access File Manager
2. Tap on Internal Storage
3. Select content to delete by pressing and holding on the folder/file to be deleted (multiple items can be selected at one time)
4. Tap on the trash bin icon on the top right corner of the screen
5. Tap on OK
Recheck the memory available in Settings > Storage & USB.
Once you have enough memory, please follow these steps:
1. Check for the Notification to upgrade to v1.0.2 (notification with the Purple icon)
2. If the update notification is not available, tap on the multi-tasking icon at the bottom navigation bar (the square icon). The Software Update screen should be in the accessed apps.
3. If you have cleared the recently accessed apps, and the Software update screen is not available, try rebooting the device by turning it off, and then back on. Upon restarting, the device should begin to update to v1.0.2.
4. If the above steps fail, please contact Customer Service by clicking here.