If you are connecting your NOOK Tablet 7" to a Windows PC, you may need to complete the installation of the device driver before your PC will acknowledge that the NOOK is connected.
On a Windows 10 PC:
1. When you first plug in your NOOK Tablet 7" to the PC, an "Install Device" dialogue box may appear. If it does, dismiss it by clicking the X.
2. Open "Device Manager" on your Computer.
3. Go to "Portable Device" and locate "BNTV450" with a yellow exclamation mark on it. Please note: If you instead see "Unknown Device" here, please proceed with the steps detailed below before proceeding.**
4. Right click on "BNTV450" and click on "Update driver".
5. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
6. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
7. Select "Android phone" and then "MTP USB Device" & click Next.
8. The device is detected on the PC.
9. Before moving any files you must first switch the device from Charging mode to File Transfer mode.
Please note: Step 9 must be completed every time the device connects to the same computer. Steps 1 through 8 are only necessary the first time the device is connected to a new computer.
On a Windows 8 PC:
1. Access the Windows Search bar.
2. Type C:\Windows\INF then press Enter. This opens the INF folder.
3. Type wpdmtp in the Search bar located in the INF folder.
4. Right click on the file called "wpdmtp" and click on the "Install" option.
5. Your NOOK Tablet 7" is now recognized by your PC and is accessible to transfer files.
** If you encounter "Unknown Device" instead of "BNTV450" in Step 3, please proceed with the steps below before continuing.
1. Right click on "Unknown Device".
2. Uninstall the driver.
3. Disconnect the NOOK from the PC.
4. Restart the PC.
5. Continue again from Step 1.