It is recommended that you safely eject Your NOOK before unplugging it from a computer. This article will describe the steps on how to properly eject Your NOOK when it is connected via USB cord to a PC and Mac.
Safely Ejecting Your NOOK from a PC
1. With your NOOK already plugged into your computer’s USB port, the touchscreen display should show a USB Mode logo.
2. Access My Computer by clicking the Start button and then clicking on My Computer. You can also access My Computer by clicking on the appropriate desktop icon if it is available.
3. Locate the drive labeled MyNOOK.
4. Right-Click on the drive to bring up a list of options.
5. Left-Click on Eject.
6. It is now safe to unplug the USB cord from Your NOOK and computer.
Safely Ejecting Your NOOK from a Mac
1. With Your NOOK already plugged into your computer’s USB port, the touchscreen display should show a USB Mode logo.
2. Locate the icon/drive labeled MyNOOK on your desktop.
3. Click the appropriate icon and drag it to the trash bin located on the dock. You can also hold down Ctrl, click the icon, and select eject to safely remove your device.
4. It is now safe to unplug the USB cord from Your NOOK and computer.
NOTE: If you have inserted an SD card into Your NOOK, it is recommended that you safely eject your SD card in addition to Your NOOK before unplugging your USB Cable from the computer. Your SD card drive should appear on your Desktop (for Mac) or My Computer (PC) as a separate drive. You can repeat the process described above for your specific computer to remove your SD card’s drive.