With Barnes & Noble's LendMe feature, you can share lendable eBooks with anyone who has a Barnes & Noble account with a valid credit card number. After accepting the offer to lend, your friends and family can read the book on any NOOK device or Barnes & Noble NOOK App.
Please note: NOOK Magazines and NOOK Newspapers cannot be lent or borrowed.
You can lend books from your Barnes & Noble account on BN.com. Your BN.com NOOK Library collects all the eBooks that you have purchased, and qualified titles have a LendMe icon on the cover image. Not all books can be lent, though many can.
You can send a lending offer to any email address, but to accept the offer, the receiving person's email address must be associated with a BN.com account that has a valid credit card number saved. The account holder's credit card is not charged when he or she borrows a book from you.
For steps on how to lend and borrow eBooks using the LendMe feature, click here.
Determining LendMe Eligibility
Not all books can be lent. Barnes & Noble works closely with publishers regarding which eBooks are lendable through Barnes & Noble's LendMe®feature.
If your NOOK Library on BN.com includes any books that are eligible to be lent out, a green LendMe icon is displayed above the cover.
• LendMe icons are also present when you are browsing and searching for books in the NOOK Shop on the BN.com website. When you navigate to the product details page of the title, you'll see a LendMe icon if the book can be lent.
• If you have lent a book, it appears in the list of books you have lent. This page will also tell you the number of days left on the loan.
More About the LendMe Feature
• You can lend a book via BN.com from anywhere with supported wireless connectivity (including Wi-Fi hotspots outside of the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada).
• A LendMe title can only be lent one time. Once a book has been successfully lent, it is no longer eligible to be lent out. The one-time lending only counts if your friend accepts the lending offer. If the lending offer expires or your friend rejects the offer, you can still lend the book.
• When you offer to lend a book, the offer lasts for up to 7 days. The offer ends when your friend accepts or rejects the offer, or when 7 days have passed.
• Once you have offered to lend the book, you cannot retract your offer.
• A loan is for 14 calendar days, counting the day on which the lending offer is accepted. A lent book is automatically returned at the beginning of the 15th calendar day (if the borrower has not already returned it prior to that date).
• When you lend a book, you temporarily lend the digital rights to the book. This means that during the period when the lending offer is pending and while the book is lent, you cannot read it. However, when the book is returned, your digital rights to the book are returned, and you can read the book again.
• Offering to lend a title and accepting LendMe offers can only be done on BN.com, after signing into your account. After the lending offer has been accepted by the borrower the lent title may be accessed on any NOOK device or Reading App that is signed in with the same account credentials, during the 14 day lending period.
• You cannot lend a book that has been lent to you.
• You cannot save a copy of a lent book to the microSD card.
• You cannot archive a book that has been lent to you.