An unresponsive NOOK may exhibit the following symptoms:
· Image stuck on the screen/screen frozen
· Unable to power off
· Unresponsive to button or touch screen commands
· Unresponsive after fully charging
If your NOOK is unresponsive, complete the following steps:
Caution: Removing the battery from your NOOK may void your warranty. Review the warranty for your particular NOOK for details.
1. Confirm the microSD™ card slot is empty.
2. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds, then release the power button.
3. Press the power button again for 2 seconds to turn on your NOOK.
4. If unsuccessful, charge the device via a wall outlet using the USB cable and AC adapter for several hours. You can also try plugging your NOOK into a computer via the USB cable.
5. Once fully charged, attempt to power on. If the device does not power on, press and hold the power button and the NOOK button at the same time for 20 seconds.
6. If your NOOK does not power on after charging, it is recommended to attempt charging using another outlet and USB cable.
NOTE: If another NOOK is available, attempt to charge that device using the current outlet, charger, and cable set-up. This will help determine if there is a problem with the device or charging conditions.
7. If your NOOK is still powered on and will not power off after completing the previous steps, leave the device on and allow the battery to drain completely. Once the battery has completely drained, the NOOK should power off and the screen should go black.
8. Charge the device via a wall outlet using the USB cable and AC adapter for several hours.