NOOK Software Updates
You have the opportunity to set up a Google account during the initial set-up procedure of your device. If you skipped setting up a Google account, then you can set one up at any time by launching the Google Play Store app.
To ensure that your device is installed with the latest NOOK software version:
1. Open the Google Play Store and access Settings.
2. Tap the option for "Auto-update apps" and fill in the checkbox next to "Auto-update apps at any time..."
3. Once complete, tap the back arrow on the device to navigate back to the Settings screen.
The NOOK software on your device will now automatically be updated whenever a new version is released.
Checking for Tablet Software Updates
Occasionally updates to the Android operating system will become available and you will be automatically notified on the device that an update is available. To manually check for software updates:
1. Press the Home button.
2. Tap the Apps tray icon, in the lower right corner of the Home screen.
3. Tap the Settings app.
4. Go to About Device > Software Update.