We'll help you setup your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK in these simple steps: When you first turn on your NOOK, you will be guided through a set-up process that includes accepting the Samsung End User License Agreement (EULA), connecting to Wi-Fi and other set-up steps.
You will also be offered the opportunity to sign into or sign up for accounts from Google, Samsung, and Dropbox. These accounts are optional. If you do not set-up Google, Samsung, or Dropbox accounts when you first get your NOOK, you can set them up at any time in the future.
The Google account gives you access to the Google Play Store and all other Google applications. Signing up with Google also allows your NOOK to receive and apply NOOK software updates automatically. The Google account is the same as your existing Gmail account.
Your NOOK includes a free 2-year subscription to a 50GB Dropbox account for storing photos, videos, and other types of files.
To access your NOOK Library and to browse, purchase, download, and open NOOK content such as eBooks, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, apps, movies, and TV shows, you first must register your device with a NOOK account. Your NOOK account is the same as your BN.com account. To set-up your NOOK, follow the steps below.
Please note: Your NOOK must be connected to a Wi-Fi network before you can register your device.
Setting Up Your Device with an Existing NOOK Account
If you already have a BN.com or NOOK account, follow these steps to register your NOOK:
1. Tap sign in on the NOOK registration screen during the set-up process.
Please note: if you originally skipped this process, open any NOOK app from the home screen to Sign In.
2. Touch the Sign In button.
3. Enter the email address and password associated with your account.
4. Touch the Sign In button.
Your NOOK registers itself and begins downloading any content already in your NOOK Library.
Setting Up Your Device with a New NOOK Account
If you do not already have a BN.com or NOOK account, follow these steps to register your NOOK:
1. Tap Create Account on the NOOK registration screen during the set-up process.
Please note: if you originally skipped this process, open any NOOK app from the home screen to register.
2. Follow the on screen prompts and answer all questions including your name, email address, password, credit card number, billing address, and additional information.
3. Your NOOK opens a dialog box with links to NOOK legal notices. If you have read the legal notices and accept them, touch Accept. (Note: If you do not accept the legal terms, you will not be able to use your NOOK.)
Have fun exploring your NOOK!