Turn Your NOOK On and Off
To turn on your NOOK, press the Power Button on your NOOK. Hold the button down for 2 seconds and release it.
1. Press and hold the Power Button until your NOOK options menu displays.
2. Tap Power off.
3. On the window that appears, tap POWER OFF.
Unlock and Lock Your NOOK
Unlock Your NOOK
To unlock your NOOK, press the Power Button, then touch and drag the Lock icon with your finger across the screen.
Lock Your NOOK
By default, your NOOK locks automatically when the screen times out.
To lock your NOOK manually, press the Power Button.
Secure Your NOOK
During the initial setup of your NOOK, you will be prompted to optionally select a security feature to be used when unlocking your NOOK. You can choose from:
- Pattern: Draw a pattern to unlock the device
- PIN: Enter a PIN
- Password: Enter an alphanumeric password
- Not Now: Choose no security feature