Barnes & Noble is providing a free software update for NOOK Tablet 7" devices that provides important system enhancements. Software version 1.0.2 is now available as an over-the-air update for NOOK Tablet 7" devices. There's no need for you to take any action to receive the update if you have not turned off Auto Download*. Once the software download is complete, you need to Install the update. The device will power off and enter into the Recovery Mode. The update process may take a few minutes. Please make sure the device battery is charged to at least 30%.
NOTE: If you are upgrading your device from version 0.0.9 to 1.0.2, you must have at least 920MB of free space to download and install this update. If you are updating from version 1.0.0 to version 1.0.2, the update is 10MB. If you are unable to perform the 1.0.2 Software Update due to a lack of storage space on your device, click here.
If you purchased or received a replacement NOOK Tablet 7" after February 22, 2017, this Software Version will be listed as 2.0.5.
This update can only be performed by using the Update Notification in the Notifications Tray at the top of the screen.
What's new in Version 1.0.2?
The NOOK Tablet 7" 1.0.2 update includes the following features:
• Fix for SD compatibility issue with specific card brands
• Additional support to store DRM enabled NOOK Books® to a microSD card
• To enable this feature, after formatting the SD card:
1. Open NOOK Settings
2. Select Download & Storage
3. Tap the checkbox next to Download to SD Card
• Improved USB Sideloading experience
• When a device is plugged into a computer via USB, a menu will automatically appear in the foreground (see example below) allowing customer to chose between "Charging Only", "Tranfer files (MTP)" or "Tranfer photos (PTP)." To sideload content, select the radio button next to the option to tranfers files or photos as desired.
• Additional bug fixes
Will I be prompted to start the automatic download over Wi-Fi?
The software will be downloaded to your device in a rolling update over the coming weeks and will automatically download while connected to WiFi (NOTE: Automatic Download * is must be ON). Once the software download is complete, tap on the Software Update Downloaded notification The Software Update screen will load and Restart & Install may then be selected.
How do I know when I received the update?
1. Go to Device Settings
2. System > About Tablet
3. Software Version should read v1.0.2
* Automatic Download settings can be accessed as mentioned below:
1. Tap on Settings
2. Tap on About Tablet
3. Tap on Software Update
4. Tap on Overflow Menu
5. Tap on Settings
6. Tap on Automatic Daily Update Check and make sure Automatically Download Updates is ON