The NOOK Simple Touch supports microSD and microSDHC cards with a storage capacity of up to 32GB; Class 6 cards are supported. microSD and microSDHC cards must be formatted with a FAT32 file system to be used with NOOK. This article lists the proper steps to follow when installing or removing a microSD (or microSDHC) card on NOOK Simple Touch.
To Install or Remove a Memory Card on NOOK Simple Touch
1. First, power off your NOOK Simple Touch. To do so, hold the “Power” button down until you receive a dialog box that asks "Do you want to turn your device completely off ?" Tap “Power off” to confirm.
2. Find the small lid on the upper left side of your NOOK. Gently pull this lid open to expose the slot for the SD Memory card.
3. Hold the memory card gently between your thumb and forefinger, logo-side down. Gently guide the card into the SD Memory Card slot.
4. Push gently against the card, guiding it into the slot until it clicks into place.
5. Close the small gray lid and snap it into place.
6. Turn on your NOOK.
7. Follow the same process backwards to remove the SD Card from your NOOK.
To Confirm Your microSD Card is Successfully Installed or Removed
1. Once your NOOK powers on, press the Quick Nav button (the raised NOOK symbol on the lower front panel of your NOOK) to access the Quick Nav Bar and then tap the “Settings” icon.
2. On the "Settings" page, tap "Device info."
3. If properly inserted, the "Device info" page should display "SD Card Found" under the SD Card section. Tap"SD Card Found" to bring up the specifics of your SDCard.