Barnes & Noble Customer Service Representatives sometimes will ask you for the e-mail address associated with your www.barnesandnoble.com account and your NOOK's serial number so they can track your support history. There are three simple ways to locate your NOOK's serial number.
The quickest and easiest way to locate the serial number is to locate it physically on your NOOK.
1. Turn your NOOK over so the screen is facing down.
· Locate the covered microSD card slot labeled "NOOK" in the lower right corner.
2. Place your thumb between the slot and the curved bar and lift up to reveal your 16 digit serial number.
While your NOOK is powered on, you can locate the serial number by accessing the “About Your NOOK” page in the “Device Settings” function.
1. From the Home Screen tap the "n" button to access the Quick Nav Bar.
2. Tap "Settings".
3. On the settings page tap "Device Info."
4. Tap “About Your NOOK."
The “About Your NOOK” page will display general information about your NOOK including the serial number, software version, model number, and Wi-Fi MAC address. This page will also list the owner’s name and e-mail address.
You can also locate the serial number of your NOOK by visiting www.barnesandnoble.com.
1. On www.barnesandnoble.com, sign in to your account, and click on “My NOOK™” in the Account drop-down menu.
2. On the “My NOOK” page click “Manage my NOOK.” The following page will display your registered serial number and the date your NOOK was registered.
NOTE: If your NOOK is not registered you will not be able to check the serial number via www.barnesandnoble.com.