The software update to version 126.96.36.199 for NOOK GlowLight Plus added support for Adobe DRM ePub and PDF files. Once the software update has been downloaded to your device you can transfer and open eBooks borrowed from public libraries and protected with Adobe DRM.
For more information about software update 188.8.131.52 for NOOK GlowLight Plus, click here.
Please note: Before accessing Adobe DRM ePub and PDF files, your NOOK GlowLight Plus must be authorized on the device, rather than within Adobe Digital Editions. NOOK GlowLight Plus does not appear as a connected device in Adobe Digital Editions. To correct this issue, follow the steps below to first authorize your NOOK GlowLight Plus for your Adobe ID account, and then to transfer Adobe DRM ePub and PDF files to your device.
Authorizing your NOOK GlowLight Plus
To gain authorized access to content that is protected with Adobe DRM on your NOOK GlowLight Plus, you will need your existing Adobe ID associated to the protected content. If you don't have an Adobe ID, you can obtain one for free by signing up at visit https://accounts.adobe.com/.
Once you have your Adobe ID, enter it directly on your NOOK GlowLight Plus by following these steps:
1. From a Home screen, tap Settings and page to the 2nd screen.
2. Under "ACCOUNT & PROFILE", tap on Adobe DRM Settings.
3. Tap on "Add Adobe ID" and enter the email address and password for your Adobe ID.
4. Press OK.
Transferring Adobe DRM protected ePub and PDF files
After authorizing your NOOK, you can transfer your ePub and PDF files by following these steps:
1. Connect your NOOK GlowLight Plus to your computer with the microUSB cable that came with the device.
2. Your NOOK GlowLight Plus will appear on your PC as a removable drive.
Please note: To transfer files from a Mac, you must first install the Android File Transfer application on your computer. Once this application is installed, your NOOK will be recognized by your Mac and you can use Android File Transfer to transfer the files from your computer. To get the most recent version of Android File Transfer, please visit https://www.android.com/filetransfer.
3. Locate the ePub or PDF file to transfer on your computer. To easily locate file locations, access your Adobe Digital Edition Library then right-click a book cover and click on "Show File in Explorer" (Windows users) or "Show File in Finder" (Mac users).
4. Copy the file to your NOOK GlowLight Plus into the sub-folder "My Files".
5. On your NOOK GlowLight Plus, go to Library, select "My Files" and open the newly transferred file.