The LendMe feature allows Barnes & Noble account holders to lend eligible eBooks to friends and family members who have BN.com account, with a valid credit card saved. Not all eBooks can be lent, but many can. eBooks that can be lent have a LendMe icon on the cover image in your account's Library.
Please note: NOOK Magazines and NOOK Newspapers cannot be lent or borrowed.
Click here for more information about lending, borrowing, and the LendMe feature.
To Lend an eBook from Your BN.com Account:
1. Access your NOOK Library on BN.com. You may be asked to sign in to your account.
2. Locate the title you would like to lend. Only titles with the green "LendMe" icon on the cover image are eligible for this feature.
3. Click the Settings icon on the book cover, then click the "LendMe" option (pictured below). You will be navigated to the Lend Offer page.
4. Enter the recipient's e-mail address associated with their BN.com account in the space provided. You may also enter a Personal Message if you like (250 Characters Maximum).
5. When you are finished, click the "LendMe" button.
To Accept a Lend Offer through Your BN.com Account:
1. When a friend offers to lend you one of their eBooks, access your NOOK Library on BN.com to view the title.
2. Click on the Settings icon (pictured below) and select "Accept" or "Reject". When you select Accept, you will have access to the eBook for up to 14 days. After the 14 day period, the eBook will automatically be returned to the original owner.
To Accept a Lend Offer via E-mail:
1. You will also receive an e-mail from Barnes & Noble to confirm any lend offers sent to you. Simply click the button in the e-mail labeled "View My eBooks" to navigate to your BN.com NOOK Library.
2. You will see the title in your library. Click on the Settings icon, you will have the option to click on "Accept" or "Reject". When you select Accept, you will have access to the eBook for up to 14 days. After the 14 day period, the eBook will automatically be returned to the original owner.