After installing Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), the Setup Assistant wizard prompts you to activate ADE (you must be online during this process). During activation, you have the option to authorize your computer with an Adobe ID.
The Adobe ID enables you to transfer items protected by digital rights management (DRM) between multiple computers or NOOKs and restore them after a data loss or system reinstallation.
If you don't have an Adobe ID, creating one is free and only takes a minute. Go to www.accounts.adobe.com and click on Get An Adobe ID.
Once Adobe Digital Editions has been activated, you will then need to authorize NOOK with your Adobe ID:
1. Connect your NOOK via USB Cable to a compatible USB port on your computer (Make sure to use the USB Cable that is specific to your device).
· For PC Users:
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Once ADE has loaded, insert the USB cable from your device to your computer.
- Your PC should then detect your device.
· For MAC Users:
- Close Adobe Digital Editions.
- Once ADE has been closed, insert the USB cable from your device to your MAC.
- Your MAC should then detect your device (a drive icon labeled NOOK should appear on your desktop).
- After your device has been detected by your MAC, open Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Once detected, Adobe Digital Editions will prompt you to "Authorize" your device to the program. Click Authorize then Finish.
3. After authorization, the device appears as an icon in your library. You can transfer items to and from the device's just by dragging and dropping.