Your NOOK includes GlowLight, a built-in light that enables you to read even in dim lighting conditions.
There are several ways you can turn GlowLight on or off.
Turning GlowLight On or Off with the NOOK Button
To turn GlowLight on or off, press and hold the NOOK button for 2 seconds.
When GlowLight is turned on, the screen illuminates and a light bulb icon appears in the Status Bar.
Turning GlowLight On or Off in the Quick Settings Window
1. On the Home screen, in the Library, in the Shop, on the Search screen, or in Settings, tap the lightbulb icon or Wi-Fi symbol in the Status Bar.
Your NOOK opens the Quick Settings window.
2. Tap the checkbox next to the GlowLight slider bar.
• If the checkbox is empty, tapping the checkbox turns GlowLight off.
• If the checkbox is checked, tapping the checkbox turns GlowLight on.
3. To close the Quick Settings window, tap in the X in the upper right corner of the window or tap anywhere outside the window.
Adjusting the Brightness of GlowLight
1. Do either of the following:
• On the main Settings screen, tap the GlowLight menu selection to open the GlowLight settings screen.
• On the Home screen or the Search screen, or in the Library or the NOOK Store, tap the gear icon in the Status Bar to open the Quick Settings Screen.
Your NOOK opens a window with a checkbox for turning GlowLight on and off. The window also includes a slider bar for adjusting the brightness of GlowLight.
2. If GlowLight is off, tap the checkbox to turn it on.
3. Once GlowLight is on, drag your finger along the slider to make GlowLight brighter or dimmer.
• Slide the circle to the left to make it dimmer.
• Slide the circle to the right to make it brighter.