You can sideload ePub (non DRM) files to NOOK for Android and read them using the following steps:
1. Connect (mount) your phone to your PC or Mac to access the folder structure.
2. Open the NOOK Folder.
3. Open the My Documents Folder.
4. Drag any ePub files into the folder.
5. Disconnect your phone from PC or Mac.
6. Open the Barnes & Noble NOOK App for Android.
7. In the Navigational Menu, select My Files.
You then should be able to open and read any of your files. If you cannot see your files, perform a sync by tapping the Overflow Menu in the upper right corner of Library and then tap Refresh.
At this time, only ePub and PDF files are supported. We are evaluating adding support for other types (pdb, cbz, etc).