Your NOOK gives you full control over many areas of its operations, from Wi-Fi connections to font sizes.
Your NOOK’s built-in Settings screen make it easy to adjust the configuration of your NOOK. To access the Settings screens:
- On the Home screen or the Search screen, or in your Library or the NOOK Store, tap the gear icon in the Status Bar to open on the Quick Settings window.
- Tap the All Settings button.
The Settings screen leads to pages for configuring different aspects of your NOOK. When you’re on a page for a specific feature, you can always return to the main Settings screen by tapping the back arrow on the upper left of a page.
You can use the GlowLight Settings screen to turn GlowLight on and off and to adjust its brightness. (You can also make these adjustments using the Quick Settings window, which is described earlier in this guide.)
To configure GlowLight, do this:
1. On the Settings screen, tap GlowLight. The GlowLight settings screen opens.
2. To change the setting of GlowLight, tap the checkbox.
• If GlowLight is off, tapping the checkbox turns it on.
• If GlowLight is on, tapping the checkbox turns it off.
3. To adjust the brightness of GlowLight, make sure it is turned on, then slide your finger along the brightness control to make the light dimmer or brighter.
Viewing and Configuring Device Info
To display device information: on the Settings screen, tap Device Info.
Your NOOK displays the Device Info page, which shows:
• a battery charge status bar, showing how much power is left on your battery
• an available storage status bar, showing how much free storage is left on your NOOK’s internal storage
The Device Info page also presents three menu choices:
• About Your NOOK
• Erase & Deregister Device
The "Device Info" presents useful information about your NOOK.
Displaying System Information
Tap the "About Your NOOK" menu choice to display the following information:
• Owner, the name of the owner of this NOOK
• Account, the email address of the NOOK (or BN.com) account linked to this NOOK
• Software version, the version number of your NOOK software
• Model number, the model number of your NOOK
• Serial number, the unique serial number of your NOOK
• Wi-Fi MAC address, a unique networking address your NOOK uses when its connects to a Wi-Fi network