You can transfer files, including EPUB files, PDFs, and photos*, from your personal computer to your NOOK Simple Touch.
*You can transfer photos to your NOOK only for use as screensavers. To learn about setting up screensavers, follow the instructions in your User Guide.
Transferring files from your personal computer to your NOOK is also called sideloading.
To transfer files from your personal computer to your NOOK:
1. Using the microUSB cable provided with your NOOK, connect your NOOK to your personal computer.
2. When you connect your NOOK to your personal computer, your NOOK will appear as a new disk drive labeled NOOK on your personal computer. Drag the files you want to transfer onto the NOOK drive.
3. To organize the files, open the NOOK drive. You'll see several folders on your NOOK. Move your personal files in the My Files folder.
4. When you have finished arranging files, eject the NOOK drive from your personal computer to unmount the NOOK file system.
5. Disconnect the microUSB cable.
Recommendations for FilesAfter you transfer documents to your NOOK, keep back-up copies on your personal computer. Barnes & Noble cannot be responsible for any loss of data transferred to your NOOK.