The No Permission to Copy message appears when you try to sideload Library eBooks to your NOOK® from Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
1. Connect your NOOK to your computer using the appropriate USB cable and open Adobe Digital Editions. When your computer recognizes your NOOK and asks if you wish to open the drive, click OK.
2. While your NOOK is connected, close Adobe Digital Editions. This will ensure ADE does not attempt to authorize your device prematurely.
3. Locate the .adobe-digital-editions and digital editions folders on the drive. If these folders do not appear, try powering your device on and off and try again.
4. Be sure to have all the files in this folder backed up on your computer in ADE, or that you are able to re-download them from your library's website.
5. Delete the folders by dragging them to the recycle or trash bin, or by highlighting them and clicking Delete. This will delete all local Adobe content from your NOOK. Deleting these folders will securely and conclusively de-authorize your device, which will allow you to properly authorize your device and begin your download(s).
6. When completed, safely eject your NOOK from your computer.
7. Open Adobe Digital Editions and re-connect your NOOK. When prompted, Adobe Digital Editions will ask to authorize your device. Click OK. Adobe Digital Editions application will recreate the previously deleted folders.
8. You may now sideload using ADE and re-open files under the Digital Editions folder on your NOOK.