Read In Store allows you to browse and sample the complete contents of many eBooks for free in our stores for up to one hour per day, per title.
To use Read in Store, visit your favorite Barnes & Noble retail store with your device. When you enter, your NOOK will automatically connect to the fast and free store Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi must be turned on).
• To connect to the store’s network, tap "Connect".
• To use your NOOK without connecting to the store’s network, tap "Dismiss".
Once connected, you'll receive a banner stating "Welcome to Barnes & Noble!"
To Read for Free In Store
1. Access the NOOK Shop.
2. An option appears to access "Read in Store eBooks". Select this option to view a full list of available titles. Or if you want to read a specific title, search for the title in the Shop. If the title is eligible for Read in Store there will be a "Read In Store" banner on the cover image.
3. When you locate an eligible title that you would like to read, tap the title and display the item details page, then tap the button labeled "Read in Store" and start reading!
After you have read a book free for one hour, a dialog box appears, letting you know that one hour has passed with options to:
• Buy the book
• Add the book to your Wish List
• Or you may tap on the "X" to close the window without proceeding with either option.
Barnes & Noble "More In Store" provides access to exclusive content and offers available only when connected to a Barnes & Noble In Store Wi-Fi.