Reader Reviews are a great way to let other readers know what you did – and didn’t – like about a title on BN.com.
It is suggested that before submitting a review, you save a copy of your review for posting at a later date. Your valued reviews are appreciated by Barnes & Noble and other readers looking for suggestions.
Content of a Review
When writing a review, please focus on the title's content. Your review will be most helpful to others if you include the reasons why you either liked or disliked the title. Hold your readers' full attention by limiting your review to 500 words or less.
Please do not write about reviews, commentary, or information posted on the title page. If you see any errors in the information on the title page, please send us feedback through the Help page on BN.com.
Barnes & Noble uses a very robust moderation system in order to protect your privacy and to ensure the integrity of our reviews. Reviews should not contain any of the following:
- HTML tags
- Profanity, obscenities, or vulgarities
- Comments that defame anyone
- Time-sensitive information such as tour dates, signings, lectures, etc.
- Single-word reviews. Other people will read your review to discover why you liked or didn't like the title. Be descriptive.
- Comments focusing on the author
- Phone numbers, addresses, URLs
- Pricing and availability information or alternative ordering information
- Advertisements or commercial solicitation
If your review follows all of our moderation guidelines, it will post in 24-48 hours. Once your review is posted, we are unable to make any edits or changes. However, it can be deleted by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Product Title
• EAN/ISBN number
• Your email address and/or username
Please allow 24-48 hours for removal of your review(s).
My review was rejected. What can I do next time to have a better chance of being published?
1. Make sure your review is written using your own, valid, unique email address. If you use an email address that many people share, your review may be rejected.
2. Do not use any identifying information in your review or username including First and Last Name, Phone Number, etc. To protect your identity, BN will need to reject reviews with this sensitive information.
3. Do not post a lot of reviews in a short time frame. If our system sees a lot of reviews coming from the same IP address in a small window of time, these may be thought to be a bot and rejected for spam purposes.
4. Place your review directly on BN.com. If you provide your review to an outside party to post, your review may be rejected.
5. Please wait at least 3 days for your review to post. If you submit another review before your first review posts, your review may be rejected as a duplicate.
6. Make sure your review is relevant to the product you are reviewing.
7. Ensure your reviews are appropriate and don’t contain any unacceptable language or phrases.
8. Do not provide any links to other websites in your review. BN.com reviews should be used to speak about your experience with our books and products, not to market other websites.
9. You must be 13 or older to leave a review. If you are under 13 years old, and still want to give thoughts on a BN.com book or product, please ask a parent or guardian to help you post the review.
10. Currently, BN.com does not accept reviews that are incentivized. Reviewers cannot be given free items, money, contest entry or compensation of any kind for leaving their review.
BN.com Review Rules
By submitting a review on our site, you are representing to BN.com that all information contained in your review is original and accurate in all respects, and that the submission of such content by you and the posting of such content by Barnes & Noble.com does not and will not violate the rights of any third party.
Barnes & Noble.com reserves the right not to post any review -- particularly those that do not follow the terms and conditions of these Rules. Barnes & Noble.com also reserves the right to remove any review at any time without notice.