If you no longer wish to participate in the Barnes & Noble Membership, the following options are available to you:
Opting out of Automatic Renewal allows you to continue to use your Membership until the term expires, and you will not be billed for any future terms unless you choose to renew on your own. Cancelling your Membership will deactivate your Membership so that it can no longer be used.
You can opt-out of automatic renewal of your BN Membership at any time, prior to the date you are charged for renewal. The automatic renewal is applied approximately one month before your Membership expires.
You can opt out of Automatic Renewal by:1. Clicking here
to submit an Opt Out Request. You will be notified by email once your opt out is completed. Or, scroll down for instructions on opting out through your BN.com Account.
2. Opting out through your BN.com Account
To opt-out of automatic renewal in your BN.com Account:
Your BN Membership must be saved to your BN.com account before proceeding with the steps listed below. For details on how to register your Membership to your account, click here
1. Access the Manage Your Membership page by clicking here
(you may need to sign in to your account)
2. Click Manage in the box for your Membership
3. Click the Edit Settings link, located under the Automatic Renewal Settings section.
4. Select No Thanks, I'll Renew My Membership In-Store or Online, and click Save Changes.
It may take up to one business day for the updated status to be reflected in your BN.com account.
Please note: A confirmation email will be sent whenever your account is updated to notify you that changes have been made.
3. Contacting Member Services at 1-866-238-READ (1-866-238-7323) for assistance. Members located outside of the U.S. should call 201-559-3886.
- Enter your Member Number in the keypad when prompted to do so. When your Member Number is recognized, say "Opt-Out" when you hear the prompt (after your expiration date is provided).
If you wish to cancel your Membership and receive a full refund for the Membership fee, both of the following criteria must be met
1. The Membership must be cancelled within 30 days of the start of your current Membership term
2. Cannot have been used to obtain an eligible discount or benefit.
Refunds are not available if either of these criteria are not met.
if you'd like to review the complete BN Membership Terms and Conditions.
If you do meet the above qualifications for a refund, you may cancel your BN Membership and request a refund via one of the following options:
1. Present your Member card at a Barnes & Noble Customer Service desk, if your Membership (new or renewed) was purchased at a Barnes & Noble store.
2. Call Member Services at 1-866-238-READ (1-866-238-7323) for assistance. Members located outside of the U.S. should call 201-559-3886.