Almost 12 years have passed since Barnes & Noble introduced our eReaders and Tablets. Since then, readers like you have shown how much the Barnes & Noble digital reading experience enhances the joy of reading that we all share. During this time, technology has continued to forge ahead, and we continue our commitment to offer the best reading experience with each new device we release. It is with these advances and changes in technology that, in April 2024, we will be discontinuing all services to the following devices:
- NOOK Simple Touch (Released in 2011)
- NOOK Simple Touch w/ GlowLight (Released in 2012)
- NOOK GlowLight (Released in 2013)
In June 2024, the following functions will no longer be available on the devices listed above:
- Purchasing new content
- Registering with a bn.com account
- Signing in using a NOOK account
After these functions are removed, the NOOK Simple Touch, NOOK Simple Touch w/ GlowLight, and NOOK GlowLight can perform the following actions only:
- Remain registered to the bn.com account that was signed in before (Shutdown Date)
- Read content that was downloaded prior to (Shutdown Date)
- Sideload non-B&N content (3rd party ePub, PDF, PDB files) to read on the device
- Connect to Wi-Fi
- This connectivity will not provide functionality to any of the discontinued services listed above
All downloaded digital content (eBooks, magazines, newspapers, audiobooks) will still be accessible on your device. Your full library, including archived content, as well as new digital content purchases are accessible on bn.com, our free Barnes & Noble NOOK Apps for iOS and Android, and on any new NOOK device you purchase.
If you are looking to purchase a new NOOK, click here to fill out a form that will provide you with a coupon to go towards that purchase.
For information about the discontinuation of our NOOK 1st Edition from 2018, click here.