What is the "N" Capacitive Button?
The NOOK symbol ("N") located at the bottom front of your NOOK GlowLight 4 Plus serves as the home button. Unlike most previous GlowLight models, which had physical buttons, the NOOK GlowLight 4 Plus features a capacitive touch-sensitive button.
Key Features & Usage Guidelines:
- Touch-Sensitive: It responds to the light tap of your finger, not a physical press.
- Activation Time: Explicitly hold for 0.5 seconds to activate the home button.
- GlowLight Control: Hold for 4 seconds to turn the GlowLight on or off.
- Intentional Taps: The button is designed to ignore unintentional or incidental taps lasting less than half a second.
Troubleshooting: Is Your "N" Button Unresponsive?
If you're experiencing issues with the "N" button, here are some troubleshooting steps:
- Press and Hold: Make sure you're holding your finger on the button for at least 0.5 seconds to activate it.
- GlowLight Issues: If you're having trouble with the GlowLight, hold the button for 4 seconds to toggle it on or off.
- Screen Cleanliness: Ensure the screen around the "N" button is clean and free of smudges, as this can affect touch sensitivity.
- Restart the Device: Sometimes a quick restart can resolve touch sensitivity issues. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to perform a soft reset.
- Update Software: Make sure your NOOK is running the latest software version. Outdated software can sometimes cause touch sensitivity issues.
For more information, please refer to the NOOK GlowLight 4 Plus User Guide.