To upgrade your existing Membership to our new B&N Rewards or Premium Membership option, you first need to create an account on BN.com and link your Membership to that account.
IMPORTANT: The email address you use to create the account must match the email address associated with your Membership. To add/update an email address to your Membership, either click here to contact us or visit your local Barnes & Noble store for assistance.
If you have an expired Membership, click here for instructions to link it to your BN.com account, then upgrade to the new Membership option of your choice.
For Members with a BN.com Account
If you already have a BN.com account that you have not linked your Membership to, click here for instructions to link it, then upgrade to the new Membership option of your choice.
For Members without a BN.com Account
You will first have to create an account, then link your Membership once the account is created. After your Membership is linked, you will be able to upgrade to Premium Membership or B&N Rewards
- To create a BN.com account, follow the below steps:
- On BN.com, hover your mouse over My Account in the upper-right corner
- Click Create an Account under the Sign In button
- Fill out the required information in the form that appears
- Do Not click the Checkbox to enroll in the B&N Rewards program. This will create a separate Rewards account that is not associated with your existing Membership.
- Click Create Account
Once your account is created, you can link your Membership with the following steps:
- Click here to access your Membership & Rewards page. You may be prompted to sign in.
- In the Link an Existing Membership section, select Other from the dropdown menu and enter your Membership number in the Card Number field.
- Click Add to link your Membership
Once you have created a BN.com account and successfully linked your Membership to the account, click here to go to the Membership home page, and click the Join Premium or Join Rewards button to upgrade your existing Membership to your preferred Membership.