With the introduction of Premium Membership and B&N Rewards, we will begin to phase out the existing Barnes & Noble Membership, which you may know as the $25 Membership, Legacy Membership or, formerly, the Reader’s Advantage program.
As our new Membership options replace the existing Membership, this is what you can expect in the coming months:
Ending the Existing Membership
All active Memberships will be valid for the remainder of their current term. We are not terminating any Memberships before their normally scheduled expiration.
About the New Options
In place of the existing Membership, we are launching two new Membership options, Premium Membership and B&N Rewards.
- B&N Premium Membership is the new paid-tier of Membership that, for $39.99 a year, provides the 10% Everyday Member Discount both in Barnes & Noble stores and on BN.com, free shipping with no minimum purchase amount, a free Barnes & Noble tote bag for every paid year of Membership, free drink size upgrades at B&N Cafés, birthday offers and treats, and exclusive benefits and early access to offers and promotions. Premium Membership also includes B&N Rewards.
- With B&N Rewards, Members earn virtual stamps for every $10 spent in a single transaction at Barnes & Noble stores and online at BN.com. For every 10 stamps you collect, we will issue a $5 reward to the Membership account that can be used in-store and online for the purchase of qualifying items.
- B&N Rewards is a free, stamps-based program, available independently as well as with Premium Membership, that will provide a virtual stamp for every $10 spent in a single transaction at Barnes & Noble stores and online at BN.com. For every 10 stamps you collect, we will issue a $5 reward to the B&N Rewards account that can be used in-store and online for the purchase of qualifying items.
Converting to A New Membership Level
You don’t have to wait for your existing Legacy Membership to expire to take advantage of our new levels. After the launch of B&N Rewards and Premium Membership, you can either:
- Add B&N Rewards to your existing Membership
- By adding B&N Rewards to your Membership, you will still get the 10% Everyday Discount and free shipping afforded to you by your Membership through the end of your current term while also accruing stamps and earning $5 Rewards! Remember, B&N Rewards is a free program, so there’s no additional cost to you! Existing Member benefits will end at the conclusion of your current term and cannot be renewed, and B&N Rewards will continue automatically unless canceled or terminated.
- Upgrade to Premium Membership
- If the benefits of Premium Membership sound too good to wait for, upgrade your existing Membership early and start saving right away! If your $25 Membership is more than 30 days away from expiration, you won’t have to pay the new $39.99 Premium Membership fee until your next renewal date and you can take advantage of the additional benefits immediately, including B&N Rewards, for the remainder of your current term. If you are less than 30 days from expiration you will pay the $39.99 Premium Membership fee immediately, and get access to Premium benefits for the remainder of your current term in addition to the year ahead.
- As we launch our new program, upgrading will not be available in all stores at the same time, but is always available on BN.com.
Visit BN.com/membership or your local Barnes & Noble store to find out how to take advantage of either option.
See the Membership Terms and Conditions for full details.