As of NOOK software release 2.1, Chrome is the built-in browser on NOOK HD and NOOK ND+.
Launching the Browser
To launch the Chrome browser, do either of the following:
· On the Home Screen, tap the Web button.
· In the Apps section of the Library, tap the icon for Chrome.
Chrome is available to all of the NOOK profiles on your device that have been given Web access. Other Google Play apps are available only to the primary profile on your NOOK by default. However, the primary profile may assign apps to other accounts by using the profile editing tools. To learn more about profiles, see “NOOK Profiles."
The first time you launch Chrome, you will be prompted to import any NOOK Web browser bookmarks before you sign in to Chrome.
If you had created bookmarks in the NOOK Web browser in a previous software release, you will have the option of importing those bookmarks when you first launch Chrome. We recommend that you import your NOOK bookmarks before signing in to your Google account for the first time in Chrome, since logging into Google will give you the opportunity to import your Google bookmarks but not your NOOK bookmarks.
To import bookmarks:
1. Launch Chrome.
2. In the upper right corner, tap the icon with three stacked boxes. A pull-down menu opens. This is the Chrome menu.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Tap the icon with stacked boxes again.
5. Tap Import bookmarks. A dialog box opens, asking if you would like to import all your local bookmarks.
6. Tap Import. The dialog box closes, and Chrome imports your bookmarks.