By default, your NOOK asks you to confirm all purchases by tapping a Confirm button. You have the option to have your NOOK require that your Barnes & Noble account password is entered before your NOOK authorizes a purchase. If you are sharing your NOOK with several people, you may require a password for purchases to ensure that you approve all purchases.
To configure your NOOK to require a password for purchases:
1. On Settings, tap Shop.
2. Tap the line reading Require Password for Purchases. (NOTE: If the checkbox on the line appears bold, rather than grayed out, this option has already been turned on, and you do not need to tap on it.) Enter your password in the dialog box.
3. Tap on the password field in the dialog box to display your NOOK's online keyboard and type your password in the password field. Tap OK.
To remove the requirement to enter a password for purchases:
If you've configured your NOOK to require a password for purchases and you want to be able to purchase an item in the Shop without entering your password:
1. On the Settings screen, tap Shop.
2. Tap the line reading Require Password for Purchases. When the dialog box appears, enter your password.
3. Tap on the password field in the dialog box to call up your NOOK's online keyboard, then type your password in the password field. Tap OK.